Line Services Manager
B. Coleman Aviation is where safety is paramount in our never-ending mission to provide exceptional service to the business aviation community. Our facilities consist of a brand new, state-of-the-art FBO complex at the Gary/Chicago International Airport-KGYY, known as Chicago’s third airport along with O’Hare and Midway. B. Coleman Aviation provides world–class ground handling and concierge services as well as line maintenance. Our Coleman Jet division provides aircraft management and worldwide private air charter services with our diverse fleet of aircraft.
The Line Manager (LM) provides consistent direction and management of the all line operations. The LM is responsible for supporting all ground operations for inbound and outbound aircraft, flight crews and passengers. The safety of all Line Technicians, all passengers, all crews, aircrafts and any vehicles/GSE on the ramp and at the FBO is the number one priority.
The position requires the following: good decision-making skills, the ability to follow company and FAA procedures; flexibility in a dynamic working environment; as well as possessing good interpersonal skills.
The LM works with fuel and other flammable and hazardous materials. As such, proper procedures must be followed. Operating vehicles and moving aircraft in close proximity of people, buildings and other aircraft require extreme caution and attention to detail. Procedures must be followed for your personal safety as well as the safety of others and protection of company and customer property.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Recruit, hire, train, manage, and supervise all Line Technicians and Line Operations
· Assign tasks for line agents to perform on their shifts.
· Manage operations to meet all industry and quality control standards
· Manage the training programs and records for each Line Technician
· Fuel aircraft in accordance with ATA specifications 103 and NFPA 407 quality control standards
· Greet, park, tow, and marshal aircraft arriving or departing ramp area, provide services as requested by flight crew
· Fuel/De-ice aircraft
· Insure aircraft are chocked, locked and secure
· Facilitate aircraft lavatory and potable water services
· Assist pilots with aircraft pre- and post-flight services
· Top off fuel trucks and fill out proper paperwork for all related fuel documents required
· Obey and implement any safety, quality control, and emergency procedures
· Operate ground support equipment
· Provide shuttle service for passengers and crew and assist with baggage and cargo
· Assist other departments as required including customer service needs, facility cleaning, and other tasks as assigned
· Follow basic security procedures to safely secure and escort people and property
· Direct people, drivers and flight crews on ramp area
· Accountable for daily operations on the ramp, in the hangar and around the airport for company operations
· Ensure that the daily equipment checklist and SPO’s are being followed, performed and passed on to Management for review
· Maintain working relationship with the charter, maintenance, CSR department, and airport management for the departures and arrivals
· Arrival and departures – movement and positioning of aircraft
· Make sure working area, hanger, and ramp are neat and clean at all times
· Comply with all FAA regulations and airport (Avort) requirements
· Coach and train line personnel when needed
· Responsible for the proper operations of all line personnel
· Comply with all deadlines including fuel trucks, line equipment, and employee training completed and organized
· Ensure that Hangar, T Hangars, and other facilities are kept in order, clean and presentable according to company standards
· Manage fuel inventory with manageemnt
· Other duties as assigned by Management
· Maintain lawn
· Snow removal
· Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
· Pass FAA Drug and Alcohol testing, background checks and submit to random testing
· Complete NATA Safety First, B. Coleman Aviation and other job related training
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) highly desired. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· General, commercial or military aviation experience highly desired
Please submit your cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.